When we talk about mattresses, two foams are always on top, i.e., Latex Mattress and Memory Foam Mattress. The only question here is which mattress is best for you since we all expect different things from our mattresses.
Someone is looking for a mattress that comforts their backache, and some want a fluffy mattress for deep sleep. Both Mattresses have pros and cons related to them.
This article will answer your queries regarding both mattresses. Specifically, what makes them best and why.
Firstly, let us know more about both mattresses.
What is Latex Mattress?
As the name suggests, latex mattresses are of latex. This kind of foam is either all-natural sourced or synthetic. These kinds of mattresses are bouncier and less resilient, but it is durable. They are helpful for an extended period.
Latex mattresses are also famous for being naturally combined with natural fillings to give them perfection.
There are two methods through which Latex mattresses are made.
If the mattress is more consistent, Talalay is the reason. While molding the latex partially, a vacuum helps in expanding it. The foam density is lesser than usual through this method—more extra steps and ingredients are part of this method.
The Dunlop method is why the mattress is softer on the top and firmer on the bottom. Dunlopillo Diamond and Dunlopillo Millennium are majorly famous mattresses that are of the Dunlop method.
Let’s see the pros and cons of latex mattress
Pros and Cons of Latex Mattresses
Regardless of methods, latex mattresses consist of medium firmness. The rapid reshaping post applying pressure, durability, and the use of spring make them highly in demand. They survive for as long as 11 years.
1. These are bouncier and have great responsive capacity. These respond rapidly to your shape, weight, and movements while changing positions during sleep.
2. The durability of these mattresses is longer as compared to others. The foam of the latex stays for a more extended period and makes them last longer.
3. If you love nature, you will love these mattresses since they are eco-friendly—they use natural materials like collecting latex from rubber trees. Latex is exceptionally eco-friendly mattress stuffing accessible.
4. We all need dust-resistant mattresses or hypoallergic ones. Latex is naturally dust mites resistant, which gives you a healthful and refreshing nap.
1. If you are allergic to latex, this mattress might not be a good option for you.
2. These mattresses are heavy to carry so that moving can be a big task.
3. These are more high-priced than other types of mattresses.
4. Latex mattresses have different kinds of initial odor, which can take 10-15 days to disappear.
What is Memory Foam Mattress?
This mattress is also known as viscous-elastic foam made from polyurethane. Made by using a combination of memory foam with foam for supporting and springs along with it.
It adapts the shape and heat of your body which softens the memory foam. These mattresses are known for supporting and making you comfortable.
The unique quality of adapting according to your sleeping shape and position makes them magical. The bouncing back to its shape technology in these mattresses is remarkable.
These mattresses give high levels of support and comfort to your body and you.
Three methods of producing Memory Foam Mattress
Foam with pods of gel
The use of gel pods helps make these mattresses springier. Usually, this layer of gel pod is added to the top layer, giving the foam extra relaxation and support.
Foam with an open sell
These mattresses are less dense and softer than any other foam of two beds. The use of an open-cell makes air move quickly inside the mattress, making it more breathable and supportive.
These mattresses adapt to your body structure and trap heat. These types of mattresses are closed-cell structures.
Pros and cons of Memory Foam Mattresses
1. Like sleeping on the edge, memory foam mattresses provide support in that way too. If you put pressure on the edge, these mattresses can support you, and your balance is not affected.
2. Significant in motion isolation, they absorb your body pressure. While sleeping, you will not be disturbed by any movement and will be able to sleep nicely.
3. Memory foam mattresses are best for people who have pain. These mattresses relieve pressure and make it easy to sleep more comfortably.
4. The best thing about a memory mattress is that it molds according to the sleeper’s body. It is soft and comfortable as well.
1. Memory mattresses tend to absorb heat, and it gets trap inside. Since while you sleep, the heat that the body has gets inside the mattress. You might feel hot while sleeping on this kind of mattress.
2. Memory foams are usually not bouncy, making them work against your body. It is tougher to move on memory foam since they don’t work your according.
3. These aren’t durable since changing these mattresses in 6-7 years is advised. However, it varies from the quality of memory mattresses.
4. These mattresses are not well suited to those who like to sleep on their stomachs because of their high quality of firmness.
Which is better for back pain, Latex or Memory foam Mattress?
However, both mattresses give massive support to your back and neck. But if you suffer from severe back pain, using Latex mattresses can be a great option because of molding according to the body.
Is Latex mattress worth the money?
Natural materials are expensive same goes for mattresses. The latex mattress is of natural latex, and due to which it costs more than other foam mattresses. But it is suitable for those who are looking for a time-long investment in beds.
Is memory foam hotter than latex?
Memory foam mattress gives the least cooling comfort. These mattresses trap heat and might be hot while you are sleeping on them. Therefore, you might be sleeping on a more burning mattress.
Does latex mattress sag?
Latex mattresses might get sag after a period. They are durable, but they get to sag after many years, especially if your mattress is too soft so that it will sag faster. However, these are the most durable mattresses available.
What does a Latex bed feel like?
The recovering tendency of latex mattresses with bouncy quality is different from other forms of beds. It does not make it painful for pressure points that the innerspring mattress does.
Does heat ruin your memory foam mattress?
The temperature of the room also affects the temperature of the body and mattress. However, it is subjected to body heat and might get heat itself. It is considering that cooler temperatures will show different kinds of results.
Does Memory Foam Mattress get hard over time?
Well, it is the opposite; it gets softer with time. It also gets softened with body heat, and these aren’t like an innerspring mattress that compresses and gets problematic with time.
Is latex foam toxic?
No, latex is eco-friendly, which makes it non-toxic to use. Chemicals and Pesticides are not part of their production. But if you have a latex allergy avoiding it is the best option.
Is memory foam healthy to sleep on?
Well, usually, it is safe to sleep on for adults. But the use of chemicals might make you uncomfortable for a while.
You May Also Like To Read:
So, the fight between both mattresses is a close-ended one. So how to choose the right mattress? It doesn’t seem very easy to choose too.
Well, choose the mattress that suits you and your demands. If you want an excellent mattress, choose latex; if you want a less bouncy mattress, choose a Memory foam mattress. All the above-given pros and cons can help you in selecting the right mattress.
However, in one go, let us say that Memory foam is suitable for those who need deep support sleep, sound motion isolation, and sleep on the edge.
On the other hand, Latex mattresses are the best option for eco-friendly people who want more bounce and are durable.
Let us know in the comment section which mattress you are going to buy?