- Day or Night—When is the Right Time to Use Vitamin C Serum?
- 6 Steps to Use Vitamin C Serum on Face at Night
- What does Vitamin C Serum do?
It wasn’t long ago when Vitamin C serum became Ranveer Singh of the Beauty industry. Vitamin C serum is the serum made up of Vitamin C gets applied during skincare routine.
Nowadays, every product contains the essence of Vitamin C to make their product effective. After all, it provides numerous benefits such as delaying aging, increasing collagen production, brightening the skin, reducing pigmentation, etc.
However, the debate that confused all of us is whether to use it at night or day. After doing some research, we found that using Vitamin C serum on the face at night is more effective.
That is why we are here to tell you need-to-know info on applying Vitamin C Serum on your face at night. So, let’s get started.
Day or Night—When is the Right Time to Use Vitamin C Serum?
There is no specific time to use Vitamin C serum; you can use it in the morning, evening, or night. But everyone wants that the product they use gives the best results. And to get the best results, nighttime is better than daytime.
You have to go outside and face pollution, UV rays, and free radicals during the daytime. When you use vitamin C serum, even with an SPF, it loses its effectiveness in protecting you from free radicals during the day.
But in the nighttime, your skin undergoes a natural repair process, increases the blood flow of skin, reproduces collagen, and gets prevented from UV rays and free radicals. Applying Vitamin C serum is more effective and has the best impact on the skin at night.
Now, let’s know the steps to apply vitamin C serum at night.
6 Steps to Use Vitamin C Serum on Face at Night
At night, you should use Vitamin C serum with your skincare routine in little quantity so that it absorbs quickly in your skin. Here are the steps to use Vitamin C serum.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and use a face cleanser or toner to remove dirt, oil, and other impurities from your face. You can also use your regular face wash or face soap. A face cleanser will help penetration of serum quickly.
- Wipe your face with a soft and clean towel gently.
- Take few drops of vitamin C serum on your hands (fingertips) and then apply them to your face with tapping.
- The next step is to massage the serum gently till it gets absorbed into your skin. Make sure to concentrate on the challenging skin areas for better results.
- Leave the serum on your face and go to sleep. (Before going to sleep, wait for at least 60-90 seconds to ensure proper absorption of vitamin C serum in your skin)
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and apply SPF (sunscreen) to avoid irritation in the morning. Well, irritation is a rare situation unless you have very sensitive skin.
And it’s done! It is that easy to get perfect skin using Vitamin C serum. But how much and how many times a week or month should we use Vitamin C serum at night? Let’s see.
How often Should You be Using Vitamin C Serum?
To avail yourself of maximum benefits and see changes on your face, you should use Vitamin C serum every night as your skincare routine. And it is recommended to use 2-4 drops of serum a day.
It is because you also intake Vitamin C through a diet that has positive effects on the skin. That is why few drops of vitamin C serum are more than enough for your skin.
Can I Apply Moisturizer after Vitamin C Serum?
Well, it is pointless if you directly use moisturizer after applying vitamin C serum as it will not absorb into your skin. However, you can definitely use moisturizer after washing off vitamin C serum from the face in the morning.
We suggest you apply an SPF-contained moisturizer as it helps protect you from UV rays and reduces the risk of irritation.
Also, if your skin reddens while applying serum, you can use fragrance moisturizer after directly applying serum.
What does Vitamin C Serum do?
As we all know, Vitamin C serum is essential to our skin, and it provides numerous benefits for the good health of our skin. Although we can get Vitamin C from our diet, vitamin C serum directly affects the skin.
Some other benefits of Vitamin C serum are the following:
1. Brightens the Skin
Vitamin C serum reduces pigmentation and lightens the black spots. It also reduces the dullness of skin and makes the skin smoother and brighter.
2. Boosts the Collagen Production
Vitamin C serum helps to increase the production of collagen in our skin. An increase in collagen production helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Also, it increases the firmness and tightness of the skin. Overall, it works as an anti-aging agent for our skin.
3. Boosts Wound Healing
Vitamin C serum also helps to replace damaged skin cells with healthy cells. Therefore, it increases the rate of recovery of any wound on the skin.
4. It helps to hydrate the skin that increases the glow on the skin
5. It can reduce the dark circles under the eye
6. They are safe for all skin types
Overall, it improves the health of our skin; you have to only apply it every night. However, all the Vitamin C serum is not the same!
For instance, L-ascorbic acid is the purest, potent, and quickly absorbed by the skin, but it is also the least stable form of Vitamin C that can irritate. Instead of buying from the market, you can easily make Vitamin C serum at home with minimal side effects.
The Bottom Line
Vitamin C serum is a skincare product that you should definitely include in your skincare routine. There is no particular time to use the serum on the face but using it at night every day gives better and maximum benefits.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and apply the Vitamin C serum on your face in the same manner mentioned above. Please share your experiences regarding Vitamin C serum in the comment box below.