When we have to actively fight respiratory viral, infectious, and other respiratory diseases, it’s time to remember about nebulizers (inhalers).
Fortunately, nowadays to buy a nebulizer and use it at home can afford any family. These small boxes help to safely and efficiently deliver the medicine to the affected area. Unlike steam inhalers, nebulizers turn the medicine into a fine spray that can reach the deepest parts of the airways.
What does the nebulizer help to fight?
- ENT-diseases: pharyngitis, tracheitis, rhinitis, influenza, laryngitis, sinusitis, acute tonsillitis, chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma, etc.;
- tuberculosis of the lungs, bronchus;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease:
- fungal damage to the airways;
- cystic fibrosis;
- other viral infections.
What is contraception?
- Allergy to the drug;
- emphysema of the lungs;
- pulmonary bleeding;
- Intoxication with a temperature above 38 degrees Celsius;
- spontaneous pneumothorax;
- asthma, when there is respiratory failure above stage II;
- cerebral circulatory disorders;
- other severe conditions.
How to use a nebulizer?
Before using the device, it is necessary to study the instructions on use. However, the principle of operation is similar in all models:
1) Disinfect the nozzles (mask, snout, nasal cannulas, etc.) to prevent transmission. The nozzles need to be boiled or treated with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution.
2) Pour the medicinal solution into the compartment of the nebulizer chamber.
3) Choose the right mode of operation (if they are provided in your model).
4) Attach the nozzle.
5) Check the filter. Make sure it’s clean (it shouldn’t be gray).
6) Connect the device to the network (if the model does not work from batteries).
7) Put on a mask.
8) Turn on the device.
9) Breathe calmly at the usual place.
10) At the end of inhalation, unplug the elements, rinse, dry.
What to look for?
1) You can’t pour essential oils into a nebulizer! Breaking into small drops, under the mechanical pressure of the airflow in the nebulizer, the oil settles on small bronchi, causing the mechanical blockage, leading to swelling of the lungs and inability to exchange gas in them, and fatal!
2) Between inhalation and the last meal should take 1.5-2 hours.
3) After the procedure, it is impossible to eat and go out for an hour.
4) The duration of the procedure should not be longer than 20 minutes (study the instructions in more detail).
We’ve selected a few appliances to choose from. Let’s talk about each of them.
The compressor B. Well (B.Well) steam locomotive PRO-115 is a non-bullizer made in the form of a toy, suitable for patients of any age, even for the youngest. Due to the interesting design, even the most boring treatment turns into a game. Inhalations are much lighter and calmer, as the device is perceived not as a medical device but as a toy. The choice of design is not accidental: the noise produced by the nebulizer, the steam produced, and the ability to move remind the child of the work of a real locomotive. The new, improved model has made procedures faster and more efficient. At the same time, the device itself became quieter. Included is a convenient bag for transportation.
Omron (OMRON) Comp Air NE-C20 basic compressor is designed to treat and prevent respiratory diseases of the upper, medium, and lower respiratory tract by inhaling aerosol-converted medicines. The device is effective in use for people of all ages. Just change the mask. The main advantages of the device are low weight and compactness, which, combined with an affordable price, make this nebulizer one of the leaders in terms of sales in the Russian market. The optimal airflow of the compressor is especially suitable for children, weakened,d and older adults, and the lack of small parts saves processing time, reduces the cost of purchasing consumables, and simplifies the use of the device.
The inhaler (nebulizer) Omron (OMRON) Comp Air NE-C28-RU Compressor – was developed in collaboration with pulmonologists to improve the treatment of asthma, chronic bronchitis, and respiratory diseases of allergic and other etiology. The peculiarity of this model is that the procedure does not require taking strong and deep breaths, and the unique design of the camera Nebulizer Omron Comp Air NE-C28 provides an effective supply of medicine even to the most remote corners of the respiratory system without additional effort.
Even more nebulizers and steam inhalers models can be found in the Catalog in the section “Medical devices – inhalers and nebulizers.”