Is it true? Can peanut butter increase weight? Indeed, it can! Most of us loved it as our school lunch. But what most people don’t know is that peanut butter is the best solution for skinny people.
It facilitates both weight loss and weight gain. When consumed in moderation, it leads to weight loss; however, it leads to weight gain when consumed in excess.
So, the real question arises, how to eat peanut butter as weight gainers? No worries! In this article, we have provided the info on how and when to eat it to gain weight. Let’s start with how peanut butter is related to weight gain.
Peanut Butter and Weight Gain: A Relationship
Peanut butter is a pack of vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. Healthy fats are what differentiate peanut butter from junk food.
We all know that when we eat more calories and fats, our weight gains. Peanut butter can be used as weight gainers as 2 tbsp of peanut butter contains:
- 200 calories
- 16 grams total fat
- 3 grams saturated fat
- 8 grams monounsaturated fat
- 4 grams polyunsaturated fat
That’s a lot! Moreover, 75% of the fat in peanut butter is healthy, and overall, it is highly nutritious.
Now, here’s the point!
According to the University of Colorado, to increase your weight by ½ -1 pound per week, eating 250-500 nutrient-rich calories per day is better than eating junk food.
And to do so, adding at least 3 tbsp of peanut butter to your whole-day diet is enough!
So, if you are trying to gain weight after illness, become stronger, maintain body structure, or become healthy from being underweight, peanut butter will support you.
Ways to Consume Peanut Butter as Weight Gainer
Peanut butter as a spread on bread or toast is very popular. But other than just a spread, there are the following ways to consume peanut butter to gain weight:
1. Peanut Butter Cups
The peanut butter cup is a popular kind of candy in America. They are the very delicious and best way to add weight and satisfy your cravings simultaneously.
Moreover, they are fun and easy to make at home. So, let’s make some peanut butter cups.
- 1 cup of chocolate
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- Take 12 muffin tins with paper cupcake liners
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and place it in the paper cupcake liners. Do not fill it whole with chocolate; only fill the bottom.
- Place the plate in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Mix peanut butter and sugar and whip them well with a spoon or mixer. Then take the plate out of the freezer and put the peanut butter above chocolate to the brim of paper cupcake liners.
- Again, place the plate in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt some more chocolate, and after 15 minutes, take the plate out and put the chocolate above peanut butter. Then place it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Now, peel off the wrapper and enjoy your peanut butter cups every morning and evening!
2. DIY Peanut Butter Ice-cream
Craving for ice cream? Well, try making delicious peanut butter ice cream to increase your weight with not much fuss!
- ¾ cup of peanut butter
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 5 cups of milk
- 5 cups of heavy cream
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 1/8 tbsp of salt
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender or mixer
- Blend thoroughly until the mixture become smooth and thick
- Put the mixture into a bowl and then put the bowl in the freezer
- Freeze it for 30 minutes
Add chocolate syrup and enjoy your ice cream whenever you want!
3. Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie bowls are one of the tasty and nutritious breakfasts. And when peanut butter gets added to it, then it is called a peanut butter smoothie bowl. Let’s see how to make it.
- 4 cups of peanut butter
- 1 cup of yogurt
- ½ cup of chocolate milk
- ½ cup of fruit pieces
- Mix peanut butter, yogurt, and chocolate milk into the blender and blend it till all the ingredients get broken down well
- Now, pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Add fruit pieces or whatever you want as the toppings.
That’s it! Your peanut butter smoothie bowl is all set to eat. You can eat it every morning or as an evening snack to gain weight.
Now, let’s have a look at when to eat peanut butter for weight gain.
When to Eat Peanut Butter—As breakfast, meal, or evening snacks?
Overeating peanut butter at one time will not lead to weight gain healthily. It could be unhealthy as well as risky. That is why it is best to divide the consumption of peanut butter throughout the day. Let’s see how.
Eat for Breakfast
For breakfast, you can consume peanut butter traditionally—spread on the toast. Or you can eat the peanut butter smoothie bowl.
Other ways to eat it as breakfast are the following:
- Spread peanut butter on two bread and add bananas between and eat as a peanut butter sandwich.
- Also, you can add two tbsp of peanut butter into your bowl of cereals or oatmeal.
Eat as Snacks
The evening is the most common time when we crave food! You can eat peanut butter in the form of ice cream or cupcakes as an evening snack. You can also eat them after your meals in the afternoon or whenever you crave them.
Eat through Meals
You can eat peanut butter during your lunch and dinner as well. Add peanut butter to your salad or soups.
Alternatively, you can make an Asian sauce by adding peanut butter to soy sauce, garlic, chilli, etc., and add to noodles, pasta, spaghetti, and so on.
You May Also Like To Read:
Peanut butter is one of the few rare foods that are tasty as well as nutritious. It contains healthy fats and calories that help you gain weight healthily and make you strong and energetic.
It is best to eat peanut butter three times a day in small quantities every day for weight gain.
So, that’s all for today, guys! Try out the peanut butter recipes, and please share whether you gained weight or not in the comments.