If you are not comfortable going to the salon for a pedicure, feel lazy going for a small procedure, or do not want to spend money on a pedicure then why not try it at home only?
Through this article, you will learn how to do pedicures at home. Using all that is available at your home, you can get a clean, soft, and tan-free foot.
Nobody likes shoe bites, discoloured feet, or cracks on them. And pedicures give solutions to all your problems related to your foot.
How Can You Do Pedicures At Home?
You experience rough feet, maybe because of the weather conditions. Or you might not be taking proper skincare. Must you have tried a lot of creams and moisturizers to cure it? And the results were worthless. Right?
But do not think that nothing would work on your feet. Instead of going to the salon or parlours, you can improve your skincare routine for your feet at home. Also, you need not have all the products used in parlours, however.
There are many homemade natural and a few readymade products that you already have at your home. Now, let us dive deeper into the ways you can do pedicures.
7 Ways To Do Pedicure At Home
Doing pedicures is healthy for you. People prefer pedicures to avoid tanning, cracks of the foot or lower legs and relaxing their feet as pedicures increase blood circulation. It may also help prevent pain, arthritis, varicose veins and help lymph nodes clear out toxins from your body.
Now to get the perfect results, you must follow the correct procedure. Read on! To know what is the proper procedure along with different methods.
Remember, if you want to clean and remove dead skin cells from cuticles, you have to remove nail paints from your nails before starting with any pedicure.
1. Honey pedicure
Start with removing nail paint with acetone or non-acetone nail polish remover. Then rub lemon on your nails in a circular motion if your nails are yellow or have dirt. If you want to remove tanning, wax your foot and lower legs. These three things are optional; it is your choice to follow them.
Now take a tub or bucket and fill it with warm water. The ingredients you have to add to the warm water are,
- half lemon juice
- shampoo or body wash
Add all of them in small quantities. We use lemon because it exfoliates the dead skin cells and gives you a sheen and bright foot. The high sodium level in salt also leaves your foot’s skin revitalized.
To create a spa vibe, you can put some rose petals into the tub and relax your legs for 20 to 30 minutes or till you feel relaxed. Dipping your leg into the warm water softens your foot.
What to do after the foot softens?
- Apply cream/oil/moisturizer/gel on the cuticle area and again put the legs into the tub.
- Now scrub your feet with a foot filer or use a loofah to scrub the lower legs and cuticles.
- Again put your legs in the tub for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using cuticle remover, remove all the dead skin near cuticles and dip in water to let the dead skin come entirely off.
- Wash your legs and, in the end, moisturize your feet.
Repeating this pedicure process once every month may result in shiner and tan-free feet.
2. Baking soda pedicure
Start again by cleansing your cuticles. Then prepare a warm water tub by adding,
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp shampoo
Baking soda is used to exfoliate dead skin cells and remove impurities and dirt from your leg. Mix them and dip your leg into it for 10 minutes. Wipe your leg with a soft towel.
What to do after softening your legs
- Now, make a paste in a bowl, adding 2 tsp baking soda and half squeezed lemon.
- Mix well and scrub the mixture on your feet and nails using a toothbrush. This step will clean your foot by removing dead skin cells.
- Apply cream/ moisturizer/ oil/ gel and dip again into the warm water for 5 minutes.
- Use cuticle remover to remove dirt and dead skin around cuticles.
- Apply curd on your lower leg and foot to get a tan-free and clean leg, as curd is a natural cleanser and tanning remover.
- Keep the curd for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it away.
- In the end, apply anything to moisturize your skin.
3. Rosewater pedicure
In this one, we will prepare a mask first. Blend boiled rice, adding half lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric with 1 tbsp coffee powder. Rice has skin brightening enzymes; lemon has a bleaching agent; turmeric has the quality to provide glow and lustre to your skin; while coffee helps get rid of dead skin and calluses.
Remove nail paint if required and prepare the tub with warm water adding the ingredients, namely,
- essential oil (any)
After softening your legs in the prepared warm water tub,
- Use a toothbrush to scrub and clean nails.
- And use a scrubber to clean feet and lower legs. Also, you can use pumice stone as it is porous and easy to buff ankles.
- Wipe your legs and apply the mask you prepared at the start.
- Remove the dead skin and dirt with the help of a cuticle filer or shaper.
- Apply foot spray or toner if you wish to, and then apply any moisturizer.
4. Vinegar pedicure
Prepare a warm water tub by adding,
- two bowls of warm water
- one cup white vinegar
- one cup Listerine
White vinegar is antimicrobial, and Listerine helps get rid of dry, cracked skin. Stir all this together and soak your feet into it for 10 to 15 minutes. And scrub using a pumice stone to remove dead skin. Finally, wipe out your legs.
To remove tanning, in a tub, take,
- one cup water
- one cup milk
Milk has lactic acid that hydrates and fights fungus, and rosewater boosts moisture and soothes skin. Soak your legs in the mixture for 20 minutes. After this process, your feet will look brighter than before.
To soften your feet’ skin, soak your legs in a tub or bucket filled with warm water. And rub it using a foot filer or pumice stone to remove dead skin. Then dry your legs with a towel and moisturize in a circular motion.
5. Paraffin wax pedicure
This method is paraffin wax treatment—the most commonly used treatment for a pedicure at a salon. But to bring the same effect at home, boil four cups of water in a container. And add a slab of paraffin wax that you can buy from the market. Also, you can add petroleum jelly to it for more softness and repairment of feet.
As soon as the boiled mixture cools down at a warm temperature, apply olive oil to your foot and then apply the mixture. Then follow the most prominent step of wrapping up the foot or lower leg wherever you have applied the paste with cling film.
Leave the leg wrapped for at least 20 minutes and then remove the cling film and apply moisturizer. This process will remove not only tanning but also dead skin cells.
6. Epsom salt pedicure
The simplest way can be adding 1/2 cup of Epsom salt and a few drops of eucalyptus oil in a warm water tub and soaking your legs in it for 15 minutes. And massaging it at the end will relax you and pamper your lower legs.
7. Dettol pedicure
Cleanse your nails if you want and prepare a warm water tub adding,
- Body wash
- eucalyptus oil or any other
- little salt
Soak your legs in the tub for 15 to 20 minutes and apply scrub cream to scrub all over your foot, cuticles, and lower leg. Then dry your legs using a towel. And push cuticles using orangewood sticks if you have them; otherwise, skip the step of pushing cuticles. And finally, massage with moisturizer.
- After softening your foot, you can also apply cuticle cream to your toenails. And if you don’t have one, you can prepare the cream by boiling olive oil and adding coconut oil and glycerine to it.
- If you wish to apply nail polish after the pedicure, then apply a base coat and then colour paint of your choice.
- Before sleeping at night, you can soak your legs in warm water and apply Vicks to get crack-free feet. And do not forget to wear cotton socks after applying Vicks.
You May Also Like To Read:
A pedicure can also be done at home using products available to you. The article discusses various methods to do pedicures and get tan-free, clean and exfoliated feet.
All methods have almost the same procedure of softening your foot by soaking it in warm water and cleaning the cuticles and feet using pumice stone or brush. And at the end, moisturize the foot nicely.
We hope you found this article helpful and learned something new. In the comment section below, share your experience of what was new for you in this article.