- Types of Blood Pressure Machines and how to work
- Additional Blood Pressure Machine functions
- Types of cuffs
- Which is better to choose a Blood Pressure Machine for home use
- 10 Best Blood Pressure Machine in India 2021
- Dr. Morepen BP02 Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor
- ELKO E-510 FDA BP Machine
- BPL Medical Technologies Blood Pressure Monitor
- HealthSense Heart-Mate BP Monitor
- Accenture AS Series Automatic and Advance Feature Blood Pressure Monitoring
- AccuSure Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- Beurer Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- Dr. Trust Smart Dual Talking Automatic Digital Blood Pressure Monitor BP Machine
- Omron HEM 7130L Fully Automatic Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
- How to Choose the Right Blood Pressure Machine?
Blood pressure has become so common that keeping a Blood Pressure Machine in the house every day becomes more and more relevant. If you decide to get a Blood Pressure Machine, our rating top -9 Blood Pressure Machines 2020 is for you.
A Blood Pressure Machine is a device for measuring blood pressure in humans. In this article, you will learn about the tones for the house, the differences between different models, and their functionality.
On the principle of work, Blood Pressure Machines are divided into electronic and mechanical.
Types of Blood Pressure Machines and how to work
In the mechanical Blood Pressure Machine, pumping and releasing air is manually carried out with the help of a rubber pear, and the upper and lower pressure (systolic and diastolic) the user calculates independently, listening to it with a phonendoscope and counting.
Only a doctor can measure pressure with high accuracy. The use of a mechanical Blood Pressure Machine requires special skills. Yes, these models are reliable, their measurement mechanism is straightforward, but it is difficult to determine the exact result, especially for an older adult.
In addition, by pumping air into the cuff, the person makes efforts that distort the result. Therefore, it is not recommended to purchase mechanical Blood Pressure Machines to measure the house to yourself.
Among the electronic can be identified semi-automatic and automatic. In semi-automatic pumping of the cuff, air should still be manual, but the result is unnecessary – measurements are made automatically. Such a device can be purchased if you are going to measure the pressure of another person or someone will help you measure it. Manual air pumping in these devices also distorts the result as in mechanical.
Fully automatic devices control the entire measurement process – the user is enough to put the cuff and press the start button correctly. Such Blood Pressure Machines are most convenient and allow a person to remain completely immobile during measurements, which guarantees accurate results.
At the place of fixing the cuff, Blood Pressure Machines are divided into shoulder and wrist. The wrist tonometers are more compact and transportable, but the shoulder is more accurate and suitable for everyone without exception.
Additional Blood Pressure Machine functions
The main criterion for the efficiency of the Blood Pressure Machine is its accuracy. All devices can give a margin of error within the allowable: ±3 mm Hg. by the level of pressure and ±5 on the pulse.
Many automatic Blood Pressure Machines are equipped with additional features to improve measurement accuracy.
- The motion indicator eliminates the measurement inaccuracies that occur if the user moves during the procedure. It is important to remember that you need to measure the pressure sitting, resting your back in the chair’s back, while the hand should be completely on the table. During the procedure, it is impossible not only to move but also to talk. The motion indicator will tell you that you need to re-measure.
- Some OMRON and A-D models have an indicator of correct cuff overlay that will signal if the cuff is misplaced. When a special symbol appears on the screen, you will need to put the cuff again and repeat the measurement.
- The arrhythmia indicator is an important function because heart rhythm disturbances lead to incorrect readings. The Blood Pressure Machines, equipped with such an indicator, when there are interruptions in the rhythm, display on the screen the arrhythmia icon so that the user repeats the procedure. If this symbol appears frequently, you should see a doctor.
- Many Blood Pressure Machines use a color scale to classify the result of measurement by world health recommendations. If the pressure values regularly are outside the norm, it is worth seeing a doctor. In some OMRON models, the WHO scale has been replaced by a high-pressure indicator.
- Many Blood Pressure Machines are equipped with intelligent control technologies that allow the device to adjust to the individual characteristics of each user. Each manufacturer has developed and patented its own intelligent system. For example, OMRON has an Intellisense system, the Intellitronics, B. Well has Fuzzy-Logic, and Little Doctor has Fuzzy. They have one principle: the systems make sure that the cuff has just as much air as you need. This significantly improves the accuracy of the result and makes the measurement process more comfortable.
Types of cuffs
The choice of cuff depends not only on your comfort during measurements but also on their accuracy. If the cuff is too weak or the hand is squeezed too much, the results will be incorrect.
The cuffs on the forearm are four sizes.
- Small (children) – for the forearm coverage from 15 to 23 cm, suitable for children and thin people.
- Standard – for coverage from 22 to 33 cm, suitable for people with a lean and medium build.
- Large – for coverage from 32 to 43 cm, suitable for large people.
- Universal – for coverage from 22 to 43 cm, suitable for people of any composition.
As a rule, complete with most models of Blood Pressure Machines is a standard or universal cuff. Suppose you want a cuff of the right size that can be bought (before buying, be sure to check whether it fits your model of the device).
The cuffs on the wrist can be of different lengths, but models from 13 to 21 cm are considered standard.
The shape of the cuff can be fan-shaped, framed, and soft. The convenience and efficiency of the cuff depending on how accurately it repeats the shape of the hand. Therefore, it is recommended to choose a frame or fan-shaped cuffs.
Which is better to choose a Blood Pressure Machine for home use
- For older people, it is recommended to choose fully automatic models.
- For visually impaired people who find it hard to see the numbers and symbols on display, a good choice will be a tonometer with voice accompaniment at all stages of measurement.
- For patients with heart rhythm disorders, models that calculating the average value and indicator of arrhythmia will be suitable.
- For those who lead an active lifestyle and are engaged in sports, a convenient solution will be a wrist Blood Pressure Machine. Its compactness and small weight will allow you to take the device to train and make quick measurements.
- Many people over the age of 40 have atherosclerosis, which compacts the walls of blood vessels. There are errors in measuring pressure, and they will be most pronounced when using wrist models. Therefore, at this age, the shoulder model will be optimal. Vessels in this part of the hand are larger, so the measurements are more accurate.
When buying, it is important to check and what size cuff comes complete with the device.
- Large people will fit a large or universal cuff.
- A special small baby cuff will be needed for the child.
You can buy the desired cuff separately, but in this case, it is important to check whether the model you are interested in has the ability to connect the suitable cuff.
Finally, when choosing an automatic Blood Pressure Machine, the warranty period and the ability to service are important. Leading manufacturers provide 2 to 10 years of warranty and the opportunity to contact the service center if there is a problem in the operation of the device.
10 Best Blood Pressure Machine in India 2021
These are the Top 10 Best BP machine available in India 2021
Dr. Morepen BP02 Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor
The most accurate automatic measure of heart rate and blood pressure of Japanese origin, since the device ignores interference, its results are as close to reality. It is worth paying tribute to the manufacturer for the practicality and compact size of the device. The tone on the wrist is equipped with advanced Intellisense technology, which adjusts to the individual parameters of each. The device has a large display, where you can clearly see the results. Memory for 30 measurements will allow calculating the difference of pressure in separate intervals of time. A set of batteries, a journal for writing blood pressure is included in the set.
- Large, high-contrast display;
- A quick, painless measurement;
- The case is made of environmentally friendly materials;
- Maximum accuracy;
- No age limit;
- Comfortable cuff;
- Positive consumer feedback;
- Indicator of arrhythmia;
- A handy cover in the kit;
- Smart management system;
- High-pressure indicator;
- Excellent combination – “price, quality, functionality.”
- The unit has a lifespan of 10 years.
ELKO E-510 FDA BP Machine
One of the precise, reliable, and practical Blood Pressure Machines measures the pressure and pulse on the shoulder area using the oscillometric method. The state-of-the-art device is equipped with Pulse Arrhythmia Detection technology, which diagnoses arrhythmia with high accuracy, identifies the disease symptoms (100% different from similar symptoms), and has an expanded set of functions. The memory of the device has 30 dimensions. The set includes a removable case with the possibility of washing. A feature of the Blood Pressure Machine is that it displays pressure under the European Society of Hypertension classification. A specially built-in indicator alerts about the frequency of heart contractions during the measurement of pressure and violations of normal frequency.
- Intellect Classic is a state-of-the-art measurement technology;
- Accurate diagnosis of arrhythmia;
- Large display;
- Simple management
- The ability to wash the cuff;
- Battery discharge indicator;
- The accuracy of the measurements;
- Automatic disconnection;
- Lightness and practicality;
- Positive consumer feedback;
- Optimal price-to-functionality ratio;
- The pressure indicator scale according to the ESH classification.
- No one was found.
BPL Medical Technologies Blood Pressure Monitor
The information is displayed on the liquid crystal display, the number of memory cells is 30, the last dimension is automatically saved. The Blood Pressure Machine type is automatic. The cuff is 23-37 cm in size, powered by the network. The device has been tested for accuracy by ESH (European Society for Hypertension). The Blood Pressure Machine is light and easy to use, reliability is high both in the device and the cuff, there is the possibility of replacing the cuff. If used correctly, the readings are correct. You should carefully read the instructions.
- Indication of arrhythmia;
- LCD screen;
- A painless cuff;
- A set of batteries in the kit;
- Easy management
- WHO scale (general status indicator);
- ESH accuracy;
- Good reviews;
- Decent value for money;
- At high pressure, the cuff presses a lot;
- There is no network adapter;
- Slowly lowers the air.
HealthSense Heart-Mate BP Monitor
The automatic tonal on the shoulder has a high accuracy rate of 2 professional pressure measurement technologies. The device functions primarily to measure pressure by the Korotkov method (the method of high accuracy) and the work of a modern device based on innovative technology. The Blood Pressure Machine is straightforward to control. It provides a reliable measurement of blood pressure, various heart rhythm disorders, etc.
- High accuracy and reliability of results;
- Based on innovative technology;
- Large LCD screen;
- The combination of the Korotkov method and oscillometric method;
- Control one button;
- Reliable measurement of blood pressure and various blood pressure disorders;
- Calculating the average value;
- The ability to store the results of 2 users;
- 60 memory cells;
- Indication of arrhythmia.
Accenture AS Series Automatic and Advance Feature Blood Pressure Monitoring
An automatic Blood Pressure Machine from a proven brand is more than convenient. The set of custom features is also a wide, unique 360-degree technology that allows measurement across the entire circumference of the hand at any position of the cuff, the coverage of the hand of the innovative cuff OmronIntelli Wrap 22-42 cm. One of the model’s advantages is a specially equipped energy-saving technology and a 4-length large LCD and a memory display designed to save 60 results for two users with a display of date and time.
- WHO scale;
- Intelligently adapting the Blood Pressure Machine to each user;
- The memory capacity of 60 cells;
- Suitable for 2 users;
- Showing the date and time of measurements;
- Verified brand;
- Large liquid crystal screen;
- Indicator of correct cuff fixation;
- Positive consumer feedback;
- Indicator of arrhythmia;
- A set of batteries in the kit;
- 360-degree technology;
- Calculating the average value of the last measurements;
- He underwent a clinical trial.
AccuSure Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
A mechanical blood pressure meter is designed for both professional use and at home and displays the results very quickly and at the same time accurately. The materials of the cuff and the device itself, equipped with a built-in stethoscope, are very high-quality, which affects the painless and convenient use. The high-precision Blood Pressure Machine of the improved sample will give the most accurate results. This is probably the best Blood Pressure Machine.
- Excellent price;
- A stethoscope with a head embedded in the cuff;
- A bag for storage in a set;
- A reliable valve with a smooth descent;
- Professional cuff (25-40 cm) with a metal ring.
- No additional features.
Beurer Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
A certified medical device on the wrist has several advantages: Bluetooth synchronization and an additional “guest” mode. The large LCD screen shows pulse, systolic and diastolic pressure, measurement time, and its date. Results are displayed at the moment of pumping cuffs. The device is designed for 2 users, each of which has two memory blocks for 180 cells. Measurements and risk are helped to assess WHO color scales.
- Get results quickly.
- Precision and reliability;
- Large display and large numbers;
- Transfer data via Bluetooth;
- Guest mode;
- Connect to a smartphone
- Average calculation of the last 3 results;
- The function of detecting arrhythmia;
- Memory for 2 users;
- The alarm clock function.
- The built-in battery cannot be changed on its own;
- We need to improve VitaDock;
Dr. Trust Smart Dual Talking Automatic Digital Blood Pressure Monitor BP Machine
Mechanical Blood Pressure Machine on the shoulder with the display of information by a metal aneroid arrow gauge. The pressure of the nylon cuff is firm and comfortable, and the metal stethoscope is also included in the unit. Although the device is from the list of budget, its results are as accurate as possible. The professional device measures by The Short. Includes nylon handbag to store the device
- Affordable price;
- The stethoscope is built into the cuff.
- It is quite difficult to measure blood pressure on its own;
- It’s not practical.
Omron HEM 7130L Fully Automatic Digital Blood Pressure Monitor
Automatic Blood Pressure Machine on the shoulder with LCD screen, the best addition to the home medicine cabinet, the cuff size 22-42 cm. Automatically stored the memory of the last dimension, there is a WHO scale and indication of arrhythmia. The device can be easily controlled with one hand, not an unimportant plus. The network provides the power. The package has an adapter.
- Hand motion display;
- WHO scale;
- Indication of arrhythmia;
- The ability to measure with one hand;
- Big numbers;
- Detailed instructions.
- Large in size;
How to Choose the Right Blood Pressure Machine?
The mechanical classical Blood Pressure Machine, which is the most accurate and today will measure the pressures of almost all doctors, was created in 1905. After 60 years, in 1965, an American therapist developed an automatic Blood Pressure Machine, which over time was equipped with other functions, which allowed everyone to measure blood pressure sitting at home independently. A compressor replaces the pear in automatic Blood Pressure Machines, and instead of a phone scope, the pressure results are displayed on display.
It would help if you had a Blood Pressure Machine rating the best on our website, choose and use for health.
First, consider the criteria and parameters you need to adhere to when buying a Blood Pressure Machine.
- Frequency of use of the device to measure blood pressure;
- The presence of certain diseases (arrhythmia);
- The size of the cuff;
- Accuracy of indicators;
- The cost of the device;
- The skill of using the device.
Now let’s find out what kinds of Blood Pressure Machines are:
Companies producing Blood Pressure Machines is not enough. Try to understand and choose the perfect milking of each case device. Introducing a selection of top 10 Blood Pressure Machines.