- Why should we take multivitamins?
- Who should take multivitamins and why?
- How to choose the right multivitamins?
- Natural ways to intake some essential nutrients
Multivitamins are getting popular, but is it that important for us to take these vitamins? We all have seen what deficiency of vitamins may cause.
A lack of vitamins causes lifelong diseases. Different diseases like Rickets (caused by lack of Vitamin D) and Scurvy (caused due to Vitamin C deficiency) etc.
To complete the vitamin void in our body, many doctors suggest adding multivitamins to our daily routine. These vitamins help in improving your health, and skin even diseases in some cases.
Vitamins are of several types. It is essential to understand your need.
In the 21st century, people consider Google rather than consulting a doctor. Is it right? Do you believe it is doing good for you? Or do you think you are taking the proper multivitamin?
In this article, we will erase all such queries related to the multivitamin.
Why should we take multivitamins?
The use of a multivitamin is getting popular. Is it that important for us to take these vitamins?
Well, we all have seen what deficiency of vitamins may cause. Different diseases like Rickets (caused by lack of Vitamin D) and Scurvy (caused due to Vitamin C deficiency).
Let’s consider some reasons that make multivitamins useful for us.
Do you want to age healthily?
With age, the necessity of nutrition increases in our bodies. Our body starts taking a long time absorbing the nutrients provided to it. But multivitamin is effective on these cases since the vitamins that aren’t consumed by food can be covered by tablets.
It helps in boosting Immunity
Yes, everyone wanted to have a robust immune system. In the times of the corona pandemic, one thing was in demand more than anything Good Immunity. Multivitamins make your resistance strong. Vitamins like C, D, and E boost Immunity and introduce potent antioxidants (helps in boosting immune).
Good Hair and skin
Vitamins like A, C, and E are a miracle for skin. Hair can be enhanced by using Vitamin B3, also known as Niacin, Biotin, and Vitamin C. Fruits and several vegetables, especially Green leafy vegetables, can work wonderfully for getting these vitamins.
Improves heart health
Heart disease is one of the deadliest diseases and is prominent in many young men and women. Multivitamins can work on this by providing Vitamins like B1, B2, B3, K1, and Magnesium.
Who should take multivitamins and why?
Do you eat a healthy diet?
Do you eat a good number of fruits, vegetables, grains, and foods with a rich amount of protein and healthy fats? If yes, you have fewer chances of getting a deficiency of vitamins. If not, then these multivitamins can improve your health by providing all vital vitamins and proteins.
People who suffer from digestive system problems can show inadequate intake of proteins and vitamins. Diseases that cause diarrhea and excessive vomiting show less absorption of nutrients.
Pregnant women should eat the appropriate amount of all vital vitamin-rich food. Because it is not only good for the mother’s health but also affects the baby’s health. People in old age have a high risk of eating food that gets digested.
Chewing, one of the major processes, is hard for some men and women too. Older ages have many health problems due to which medications make it difficult to eat or drink. In this case, multivitamins cover the need for those extra and essential nutrients.
However, in some cases, the digestion of vitamin also takes time Vitamins like B12 is very difficult to absorb even from simple food.
Let’s see the pros and cons of taking extra vitamins.
Pros of adding multivitamins to your diet
- Being extremely busy at work and not able to eat a healthy or balanced diet.
- Are you pregnant? Increasing the number of vitamins more is less in many cases.
- Surgeries like gastric bypass surgery. These type of surgeries affects the absorption of nutrients.
- Diseases like Ulcerative colitis lessens your body’s capability to soak up essential nutrients.
- Are you losing weight by eating less? But do not forget to add protein and nutrients to your diet because losing extra kg’s is suitable, but your body needs the energy to perform day-to-day life.
- Not able to digest food. Poor appetite can be a cause to add multivitamins to your diet.
Cons of adding too many vitamins in your diet
- You have iron deficiency in cases like anemia, add iron. Not a whole bunch of multivitamins is necessary.
- Weak bones need calcium to prefer calcium pills or powders. There is no need to go for whole multivitamins.
- Your health, nutrition is good. Your body can absorb a good amount of nutrients from your balanced diet. It is enough for you.
- Not feeling well, and someone suggested a multivitamin? It is good to add vitamins, but taking suggestions from doctors might be healthier.
From these, multivitamins can be valuable and unwanted too. But how to choose the right kind of vitamins.
How to choose the right multivitamins?
Make sure to choose according to your need. Consulting doctors might be a good option for some. However, apart from this, you may determine whatever is right for you.
- Choose nutrients wisely and according to your need. Even though we use multivitamins, it might lack the content you are looking for.
- For keeping your system performing, micronutrients are necessary. It should have Vitamins like B6, B12, and folate or Calcium and Magnesium.
- Your age and Sex play an essential role in choosing the right multivitamin. Older adults need calcium, Vitamin D and B6.
- The appropriate amount of content should be taken on a regular basis. Like Magnesium and Potassium, low levels work wonderfully. Exceeding the percentage of vitamins is not helpful as well.
Is there a right time as well to take these multivitamins? Let’s see.
Morning or Night best time to take Multivitamins?
This question depends on you because it is essential to know what kind of vitamins you are taking.
Taking multivitamins in the morning with fruits or juice is very healthy. But since these are heavy supplements, it sometimes does not suit.
So, for that taking these in the afternoon can be a good idea. Make sure you take vitamins least 15 minutes before going to bed. Some can work nicely in the morning too.
Taking significant nutrients naturally by eating a healthy and balanced-rich diet is an excellent choice. Let’s look at some critical food that provides a good amount of natural nutrients.
Natural ways to intake some essential nutrients
Milk, Yogurt, and Cheese; Milk-based on plants, juice like orange, tofu, and almonds are rich in calcium. Consuming these products might help in maintaining the levels of calcium.
Green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds, oats, wheat grains, and whole grains are good for maintaining magnesium levels.
Peas, Cooked spinach, Potatoes, Mushrooms; lamb, pork, and fish; Tomato products can help retain potassium.
Fruits and Vegetables; Nuts and seeds; Oats, and whole grains are the best sources of fibers.
Are all multivitamins the same?
No, they are made from different vitamins and minerals. They may vary from brand to its product.
Will taking multivitamins to increase my weight?
No, it might help maintain your body’s energy. However, if you are having trouble gaining weight, it might help you in that case.
Taking Multivitamins are the best supplements that can make you healthy. Multivitamins are best for people who aren’t able to keep their life balanced.
Taking all-important vitamin and nutrients are suitable for your body. It is essential to understand, though, that taking too little and too much are always wrong.
Always remember to make sure that you can give all the essential needs of your body to it. But taking things is good when they are balanced.
Do you think multivitamins can work on you too? Let us know in the comment section below.