A proper method of moisturizing, cleansing, healing, & washing of your skin gives you an amazing glow on it. Instead of finding each of the products for every such feature, a simple face serum. This can allow you to discover an all in one experience. These different experiences are due to a certain reason, the reason what type they are used in your case.
Through this article, we will discuss and determine all sorts of Face Serums, which can provide you a guide to incorporate them into your routine. If you really need to make them a part of your routine and are confused which one you should choose, then this article to 6 different types of Face Serums will be your perfect guide.
To perfectly tune the skincare routine a Serum has a concentrate mixture with several ingredients to combine with as they deeply penetrate your skin. It should not be compared with any other moisturizer or a cleanser, because a face serum is a pretty concentrated mixture and is graded with numerous advantages and some disadvantages.
First we will explore different types of Face Serums & what are their pros. and cons. For each of these different types of Face Serums. This will clear your confusion of choosing the right face serum for your skin type. So let’s start with these different types of it.
6 Different Types of Face Serums
When you are targeting multiple skin issues either they are dark spots, anti-ageing, oily skin, or any such skin problems then these different types of face serum comes into action.
- Acne-Fighting Serum
- Skin-Brightening Serum
- Anti-Aging Serum
- Hydrating Serum
- Exfoliating Serum
- Firming Serum
As you can see by their names how these different types of serums hold a certain target in order to resolve these issues with a procedure and right timing. When you are in your 30’s these various types of skin issues occur which destroy the glow and color of the skin & in order to pull it out, these different face serums are helpful in guiding you very well.
The use of Acne-Fighting Serum is very clear. It tries to remove the possibility of removing such chances on your skin from breakouts. Its main use is to deliver those active ingredients which can eliminate such active threats for your breakout to occur.
Let’s look at the benefits of what they can provide us:-
- This can be treated as an alternative to creams and other cleansers which work more on the surface of the skin. But this serum attacks deeply on the target.
- Before they even start popping out, Breakouts can be easily resolved by using the acne-fighting serum.
- Absorption of excessive oil on your skin, irritation & redness from these acne or breakouts on your skin can be fixed and healed by the acne-fighting serum.
- It has Vitamin-C extract with citric acid, zinc, cucumber and green tea which benefits your skin in fighting those breakouts.
- High Concentration of active ingredients in this Serum
- Natural Products don’t harm you as they aren’t using any sorts of harsh chemicals.
- Makes you feel light and fresh
- Reduces such Breakouts before they form acne.
- Highly oxidized, packaging needs to be perfectly sealed otherwise it might show cloudy features which can be not useful for the skin.
- It can be expensive so make sure which brand suits you better.
- Side effects such as stinging can be a thing to occur on your skin.
Skin Brightening Serum
Some of you out there must be wondering if you can brighten your dull skin and give it a happy glow. Well, the skin brightening serum is here to the rescue. Due to certain elements in the serum which we will be discussing further in its benefits, it helps your skin to balance its tone & smoothen the complexion of it.
Let’s ponder on to some of their benefits which helps your skin to brighten:
- It reduces discoloration and targets your skin pigments so that they may have a balanced amount of vitamins in your skin.
- Uses stabilized Vitamin C Serum which is easier for the skin to absorb rather than the pure vitamin C.
- Niacinamide is one of the ingredients in the skin brightening serum which helps in removing dark spots, and balancing skin tone.
- All of this leads your skin to a vibrant complexion which helps your skin to brighten.
- It contains ingredients like licorice root, green tea, Vitamin C, Vitamin E. These help in regenerating your skin and make them healthier than before.
- Vitamin C is the sole reason why it supports the melanin production on your skin in order to develop enough new skin pigments.
- Stabilized Vitamin C is more useful than a pure Vitamin C content in this serum.
- These Vitamins in this serum have a short shelf life because of their oxidation factor.
- They are considered to be pretty expensive.
When your skin starts to sag or due to an age factor your skin pigments start forming wrinkles then Anti-Aging Serums are considered to be the best ones to recommend by experts. A Human’s skin will age no matter what, but this anti-aging serum slows down the process of skin aging.
This helps your skin to sparkle & benefit you with a younger skin even in your 30’s. Let’s ponder onto their benefits:-
- To prevent less appearances of wrinkles and lines on your skin, Vitamin A plays a vital role in eliminating or slowing down the process of these wrinkles timely.
- According to the University of Michigan, experts say that a regular application of Vitamin A on your skin could be very beneficial.
- It also helps you protect yourself from external pollutants in your surroundings.
- In order to supercharge your facial qualities, Retinol works as a great ingredient in this Serum as it enhances your skin pigments without interfering with Ultra-Violet Rays.
- Vitamin B3 & Vitamin A are such active ingredients which play a crucial role in this Serum.
- According to some experts from the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, there might be a protein production which can enrich your skin and make them fresh and young.
- Vitamin B3 is the key reason for the Anti-aging, retinol plays an important role while you sleep as it repairs and improves your skin.
- It uses ingredients like grape seed extract, Vitamins (A & B3), and fruit stem cells.
- It is very expensive because of its good delivery of features, which is common in most serums.
- Excess use of the Serum might not be effective and can cause various effects.
Whenever you are outside & working or even for any other reason, your skin gets dehydrated and parched. This lets you use moisturizers, and other such creams but it’s never an effective use to deliver proper hydration to your skin pigments. This is why we and most experts recommend this Hydrating Serum which amplifies the effects of a moisturizer.
There are several benefits a Hydrating Serum provides, let’s take a brief look at them:
- Whenever you are seeking an extra boost to moisturize your skin, a Hydrating Serum is the best for you to use rather than a cream itself.
- It doesn’t mean you need to neglect the moisturising cream, but a balanced usage of both is necessary. The cream starts the process, while the serum enhances it.
- Hyaluronic acid is the main reason why this hydrating serum is a big haul, it has a tendency to keep 2000 times water in it.
- A proper usage is always necessary, this will keep your skin hydrated and stop getting it from being dry.
- While using the hydrating serum, the Hyaluronic acid acts as a Humectant which helps in absorbing the water from your surroundings to make your skin feel fresh.
- You need to figure out its proper placement, & keep them under humid conditions. This will allow you to give best results in a longer period of time.
- If you need more hydrating features, then you need to look for Argan oil, hyaluronic acid & Glycerine in the hydrating serum.
- Unlike all serums the Hydrating serum is also expensive, & could be depending on the brand you select.
- Excessive usage of Hydrating serum can cause improper effects that’s why a balanced usage is necessary.
Just like Anti-Aging serum, the Exfoliating Serum has exactly the same features for the betterment of your skin. There might be two methods by which you can deliver the exact feature. One comes with a manual and other with a chemical method.
The manual method of exfoliating your skin is considered harsh & comes with a grainy scrub. This cannot be comfortable for sensitive skin users. Thus, the chemical form which is technically the Exfoliating Serum is the easiest way to reduce such dark spots and repair your skin.
Let’s mark out the crucial benefits which this serum delivers to us:
- Exfoliating serum delivers a reduction of dark circles, balancing your skin colouration, natural aging & protection from sun damage.
- The Hydroxy acids in this serum repairs the dead cells of your skin and replace them with new cells.
- There is an equal amount of AHA’s; BHA’s & PHA’s, these serve to repair the skin with different types of skin.
- Experts from Institute of Southern California have considered people to use the Exfoliating serum with PHA’s for those people who have sensitive skin.
- Ingredients like Hydroxy, lactic & glycolic acids serve in the Exfoliating serums to prevent your skin from getting damaged.
- It clears the pores, blackheads, and other several damages which a skin bears deep down.
- Overall radiance is seen on your face making it glow with all the dead skin cells repaired with a freshly prepared set of new cells.
- It is more expensive than usual discounted prices, you should be choosing the brand wisely.
- You also should be very careful in using them in excessive amounts.
After going through all the face serums, you must have seen how vivid their qualities can be from each other. This is why these serums are very effective for normal types of skin and one could take help from it to treat several skin issues.
Choose one wisely for your type of skin and the reason why you are getting this serum. This will definitely help you on a longer basis and serve you well.